My three brothers are going to my grandmother's house for a few weeks, so yesterday Daddy and Mama took all three boys and two of my sisters to visit my Great-grandmother, and meet the grandparents about halfway, so that they don't have to travel so far. That, of course, leaves Elaienar and myself all alone. It's fun, in a way, but I am so hungry! We aren't doing anything in schedule, and she's not cooking meals. (Well, I am milking the goats when I'm supposed to, and taking care of the chickens, too, but that's about all.)
We had six turkey chicks, (called pults, or something) and all of them are dead now. One of them drown, four came up with whatever disease they get from drinking water with chicken leavings in it, and the last one, I think, just pined away because it was lonely. The sad thing is, we also have some guinea chicks (called keets, or something like that) who have been sleeping under that turkey's wings for a while now, as if it was their mother. And it was this morning, when I was going to take them outside for the day, (because we keep them in at night so they won't die of cold and wet, or whatever) and I found the turkey stretched out behind the water-er. So I took it out and buried it. I think I am tired of things dying all the time. .-_-.
1 comment:
We survived on cake for a while there. And blueberry pancakes. Those were good.
Post a Comment