Do you remember how I've mentioned how we're going to move to Missouri? Well, a while back Daddy and Mama found this absolutely gourdeouse peice of land, with a bity stone house on it that had been gutted. It's forty acres, partially wodded, and has a really nice clearing at the back. We all walked around, looking at it, and Mama even found the perfect place to build her dream-house, and then Daddy made an offer on it! The owner made a counter-offer. which Daddy excepted, and we closed on it just yesterday! I'm so excited! I'd been praying that we would get it for a while, so I'm reaaaly happy! 8D *bounce bounce* Mama's already figuring out how to rebuild the little stone house, so we can live in it until the big house is built.
I'm going to be taking an
online history class this fall, so I've been reading over Genesis so that it will still be fresh in my mind when I start class. I;m going to have to outline it, so I thought it would be a good idea to be very familiar with it. But as I was reading it, I came across this passage;
And he [Isaac] removed from thence, and digged another well; and for that they strove not: and he called the name of it Rehoboth; and he said, For now the LORD hath made room for us, and we shall be fruitful in the land. ( Genesis 26 verse 22 )
I took one look at that name and thought "Room for both!" It was so funny! I wonder what the word really means. It would be funny if it really means something similar to that!
No comments:
Post a Comment