The one I had before got messed up when I was trying to fix a problem, and then I couldn't figure out how to fix it, so now I have this new pretty thing! Don't you like it? There was another one that I liked better, but Mama says this one is easier to read, and that is very important, so this is the one I have.
I'm going to be teaching my younger siblings to read. Mama bough a curriculum called The Bob Books for me to use. I'm also going to read Ruth Beechick's A Home Start in Reading. I've tried to teach reading before... And it turns out the way I was trying to teach was actually a lot closer to the way children are supposed to be taught than the way Mama taught me! Little sister1 was five or six, and she asked me to teach her, so I got a red crayon (I was eleven or twelve myself, mind) and wrote CAN PAT PET CAT? On one side of the white waste bin kept in our room, and YES, PAT CAN PET CAT on the other side. Two vowels, four consonants, if only I'd left off that YES. But there were a few problems. She was too young, and I too impatient. That didn't work too well. But now I get to try again - and this time it should be much more fun for the students.
6 comments:
whoaaa! the template is indeed gorgeous! maybe I should just see if I can make a new banner that would match with this template. I don't think the old one would fit on your new, more slender sidebar anyway. :)
Really? Aw, thank you so much! Though I still would like to see the old one again, too.
I commented this on my blog, but in case you didn't see: could I possibly email it to you when it is done? I could post it on my blog if you would prefer that, but it might be easier to email it to you. let me know what works for you!
Yes, that's alright. Do you need me to give you my address?
I'm not sure if I have your address, so yeah, it'd be great if you could give it to me. :) but if you'd rather not share it publicly, you can just email me so I know what it is (narnianbadger@gmail.com).
sorry to keep you waiting, I *should* be able to get it to you soon, I've just been kinda under the weather. but hopefully I'll be able to finish it soon.
Post a Comment