Monday, November 15, 2010

Sooo...

Remember that cute little turtle my youngest brother found? The one I was planning on taking pictures of? Well, it turned out it was dead. So we buried it. And it's illegal to buy (or was that to sell?) baby turtles. So we couldn't get one to replace it. *sigh* But! We finally butchered the goat. Now we'll have more milk from Jemima in the mornings. And we were given a deer to butcher - but that turned out to be gamey. I suppose we'll have to feed all the meat to Rex and the cats. And... I got elected to be the sergeant at arms in our 4H group. o.o Did you see that coming?

I recently watched all of the three episodes of the new Sherlock TV show that is set in the 21st century, and it's pretty awesome. The Watson is not Awesome Watson, but he's not half bad, either. (Don't feel bad, you just can't beat Jude Law's Watson!) But, oooh, the Holmes! Benedict Cumberbatch makes a very good Holmes. His acting is amazing. So amazing that I've started looking for other (good, only good ones, please!) movies or TV series in which he is the main character or at least has a relatively important part. I found The Last Enemy... But I did not like it at all. Especially when I got to the end. What kind of ending was that, anyway? D:< So now I have to wait for Amazing Grace to come in from Netflix to see anything better.

So. Um. I realize that I sound very out-of-character, but it seems that I am a little fangirl of two things. The first thing is Gunnerkrigg Court, a web-comic by Tom Siddell, and the second thing is Sherlock. (I have to wait a whole year to see the cliffhanger the third episodes ended on resolved. I hate cliffhangers. I am not happy about this. But the year seems to be whizzing by at a fair speed, so I'm doing alright at the moment.)

No comments: