Saturday, November 20, 2004

Here is part of a story Elaienar wrote for me a long time ago:

Once upon a time there were two girls who were as different as they could be. Their names were Mara and Joy, which should show you how different they were, because Joy means joy and Mara means bitter.

Mara lived in dreary, drizzly England. She had black hair, grey eyes, pale skin, and a frown, which she wore most of the time.

Joy lived somewhere near Egypt, where it was always summer. She had red hair, bright green eyes, and a merry, joyful smile. She loved the always-summer climate. She liked bright clothes, especially red and yellow.

Now you are not going to believe what I tell you next, but it is true. Mara and Joy were best friends.

[Note from Elaienar: Judge not, lest ye also be judged! I wrote this when I was nine or maybe ten, pleeeease don't laugh at me!]

No comments: