Sunday, April 06, 2008

Quit Insulting God

Somehow so many people say things that imply God is not perfect, that he is a liar, and that, above all, he is a weak fool. This really irks me. God says the bible is his word. Some people say it merely contains his word, I.E., God is a liar. Some people argue that as it was written by men, it is likely to contain errors. But that is saying that God is either too stupid to pick men who will not make errors or mistakes, or that he is too weak to prevent them from being written. I don’t remember the argument for this, but another thing I’ve heard said id “God doesn’t have time to listen to me,” and that is just as stupid. God invented time! God lives outside of time! He is everywhere, and has all the time in the world – and more, too! By saying he doesn’t have time to listen to your prayers, you are saying that, not only is he not Almighty, the way he says he is, you are saying that he is weak.

On a happier note, I have now read three books out of fifty. My goal is to read fifty books before the end of the month. I’m about to start the fourth one.

My list so far:
1. A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
2. The Golden Goblet by Eloise Jarvis McGraw
3. Eight Days of Luke by Diana Wynne Jones
4. Cheaper by the Dozen by Frank B. Gilbreth, Jr. and Ernestine Gilbreth Carey

No comments: