I haven't posted in ages! I meant to make a new post a long time ago, but after I started the draft I had to get up and do something and somehow forgot to come back. I started by writing that I got a lovely stack of books for Christmas, that my grandmother had come and stayed for three weeks, and that it had in general been a lovely Chistmas. I was probably also going to mention that there was far too much snow. I may then have gone on to mention the party we had - first in a long time! - and how much fun it was. We invited a bunch of people over from Masterworks and the birthplace. I think there were about thirteen people in all. We had food and played card games and danced and it was wonderful! Was that really this year? It feels so long ago!
I was home for the Fourth of July this year, so I got to see our fireworks. Last year I was in Houston and I couldn't even hear any bangs! Terrible, just terrible. Then a friend invited me and Elai over to her house to swim! The very next week I left with my grandmother (who had come to bring home Elai and the boys, to see my senior piano recital, and to be there for littles brother's birthday) and my two little sisters to stay a few weeks and my grandmother's house. We were taken swimming very often by my grandmother's cousin. I hurt my shoulder, so my grandmother got me a massage. A friend of my aunt's took us out for supper, and other than the extreme heat we had lots of fun. Then right before we were about to leave my great grandmother, who is 102, had a stroke. Daddy and Xhavan drove to her house and stayed with her until she died, then stayed for the funeral. So our return was delayed another week, and I was extra glad to be home. I got to drive most of the way there, and part of the way back. Oh, and now I've jammed my elbow something awful and it hurts to use if I'm not veeery careful.
The computer wouldn't let me publish this yesterday, so here it is today. My elbow tells me it is fine, now. I took very good care of it so it would recover extra-fast.
Annnd, it has yesterday's date on it? Okay. That's nice, I guess.
2 comments:
The older version of Blogger saves the date and time when you begin the post. The newer version dates it when you hit the publish button.
Then I guess I'm still using the older version?
Post a Comment